Eight Random Facts
DUNCANVILLE, TEXAS — John over at Born Again Bird Watcher tagged me for the Eight Random Facts Meme. Thanks, John! Here are the rules:
- Players write a post with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- At the end of that post, they “tag” eight bloggers to write similar posts, including the rules.
- The players then leave a comment to tell the “tag-gees” about the meme.
(Gah! I can barely stand to post instances of the singular “they” on my blog, but see #7 below.) Here goes:
- After two years of computer programming in college, I changed my major to English. I wanted to write for people, not for machines.
- My blond hair and blue eyes are generally attributed to my Swedish grandmother.
- At the moment, I have 21 chigger bites (mostly around my waist), several mosquito bites, and a few unknown itchies, all from yesterday morning’s birding expedition.
- I don’t like electric guitars.
- Though I’ve been to the national capitals of four countries, I’ve never been to Washington, D.C. (The four countries are Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Cameroon, and France.)
- I cringe whenever people ask me where I’m from because I never know what to say.
- Some friends and I invented third-person singular gender-neutral personal pronouns (quem, queem, queemy!) in an attempt to rescue the English language. We’re a bit disappointed not to find them in the dictionary yet, even after the release of a promotional video.
- If I were an art collector, I would specialize in stained glass.
And I’m tagging the following eight bird bloggers. (If you don’t already read their blogs, by the way, you probably should. All of them.)
- John at Prairie Ice
- Rob at The Birdchaser
- Jules at Øygarden Birding
- John at A DC Birding Blog
- Duncan at Ben Cruachan Blog
- Rick at Aimophila Adventures
- Mike at Mike’s Birding & Digiscoping Blog
- Anders and Claudia at Dagens fågel – Bird of the day